The plenum-rated dual band Gigabit PoE access point is designed to support small to medium business or enterprise environments by providing network administrators with secure and manageable dual-band wireless LAN options. It utilizing the cutting-edge speed of IEEE 802.11ac wireless technology.
The DAP-2695 delivers reliable, high-speed wireless performance using the latest 802.11ac standards with maximum wireless signal rates of up to 450 Mbps over the 2.4 GHz band, and 1300 Mbps over the 5 GHz band. This, coupled with support for the Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) Quality of Service (QoS) feature, makes it an ideal access point for audio, video, and voice applications. When enabled, QoS allows the DAP-2695 to automatically prioritize network traffic according to the level of interactive streaming, such as Voice over IP (VoIP). The QoS feature can be adjusted through the DAP- 2695’s web GUI using a drop-down menu option to select customized priority rules. Additionally, the DAP-2695 supports load balancing to ensure maximum performance by limiting the maximum number of users per access point.
The DAP-2695 also supports advanced radio management features such as band steering and airtime fairness. Band steering detects and steers 5 GHz capable clients away from the overcrowded 2.4 GHz network to the less congested 5 GHz network. Airtime fairness allocates time equally among clients, so each client can transmit at its highest speed regardless of location or 802.11 standard version.
- High-speed wireless performance using the latest 802.11ac standards
- Designed to support small to medium business or enterprise environments
- Providing network administrators with secure and manageable dual-band wireless LAN options
- Utilizing the cutting-edge speed of IEEE 802.11ac wireless technology
- Maximum wireless signal rates of up to 450 Mbps over the 2.4GHz band, and 1300 Mbps over the 5GHz band
- Band steering and airtime fairness optimize bandwidth utilization and maximize transmission speeds
- Wireless Distribution System (WDS) with Access Point, a WDS/Bridge, or a Wireless Client