The DGS-3630 Series Layer 3 Stackable Managed Switches are designed for Small Medium Businesses (SMBs), Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs), larger Enterprises, and ISPs. They deliver high performance, flexibility, fault tolerance, and advanced software features for maximum return on investment. With Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 and SFP ports, 10 GbE SFP+ ports, advanced security features, and advanced Quality of Service (QoS), the DGS-3630 Series can act as core, distribution or access layer switches. High port densities, switch stacking, and easy management make the DGS-3630 Series suitable for a variety of applications.
Standard and Enhanced Software Images
The DGS-3630 Series switches include the Standard Image (SI) software, and for additional functionality, they may be upgraded to Enhanced Image (EI) with a separately ordered license upgrade. The Standard Image provides core SMB and SME functionality, such as L2 switching, entry-level routing, L2 multicast, advanced QoS, Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM), and robust security features. The Enhanced Image includes all the features from the Standard Image, and also supports full L3 routing for Enterprise integration, including OSPF, BGP, VRF-Lite and L3 multicast.
This approach allows I.T. managers to deploy a lower cost L2/L2+ solution today, and upgrade to a L3 solution in the future if networking needs change and a full dynamic routing solution is required.
High Availability and Flexibility
The DGS-3630 Series switches support stacking technology, which combines multiple switches to form a single physical or virtual stack. This increases redundancy over multiple physical units, simplifies management, and provides a single IP address to manage all members in the stack. Up to 9 switches can be stacked using Direct Attach Copper (DAC) or fiber optic cables to make up to 432 Gigabit Ethernet ports available, allowing switching capacity to be increased with demand. The Switch Resource Management (SRM) feature allows the hardware table size to be changed, so that switch functions can be optimized based on the use of the switch. There are 3 modes: IP Mode, LAN Mode, and L2 VPN Mode, which modify the size of the Layer 2 and 3 tables for optimum efficiency.
- High availability and flexibility
- 20/44 10/100/1000BASE-T ports or 20 SFP ports
- 4 Combo 10/100/1000BASE-T/SFP ports
- 4 10-Gigabit SFP+ uplink ports
- Switch resource management (SRM) for flexible
- management of system resources
- 6 kV surge protection on all RJ45 access ports
- Redundant power supply (RPS) support
- IEEE 802.1D/802.1w/802.1s Spanning Tree
- Loopback detection (LBD)
- Ethernet ring protection switching (ERPS)
- High bandwidth stacking
- Physical stacking up to 9 units, 432 GbE ports
- Supports long-distance stacking over fiber
- 80 Gbps per device physical stacking bandwidth
- Operations, administration and maintenance
- IEEE 802.3ah Ethernet first mile (EFM)
- IEEE 802.1ag/ITU-T Y.1731 OAM
- Easy management
- RJ45/mini-USB console port
- Management and alarm ports
- USB port for firmware and configuration files
- Easy-to-use web GUI
- Industry standard CLI