MANCHESTER, UK (July 9, 2008) - Digital Projection International (DPI), an Emmy® Award-winning manufacturer of high-performance projection systems, recently celebrated its contribution to a significant milestone in the history of Indian cinema. The installation of the 1000th digital cinema system exemplifies the continued growth of the world’s largest digital cinema network under a single operations centre. UFO Moviez of Mumbia, India began with a concise objective: to transition the Indian movie market to the significant quality improvements and cost efficient content-delivery solutions of digital cinema. The milestone of 1000 installations provides a point of reflection on the immense success of the project, even as further installations continue.
· Exclusive server to projector security handshake
· 7000 ANSI lumens
· COLORMAX P7 colorimetry as developed for Hollywood
· WHY-I software for remote operation and diagnostics
· All metal construction and HEPA filtration
· Factory calibrated for 100% uniform performance regardless of venue
· Light weight (less than 25Kg) for mufti-screen flexibility
· DCI compliant notch filter for Xenon DCI colour mode
· Six axis convergence to less than 0.75 of a pixel
· High performance prism
· RGB formatter switching
· Securely retained lenses offering throw ratios for every theatre
· Security protected to be inoperable without the correct server
About Digital Projection International
Founded in 1989, Digital Projection International (DPI) has been instrumental in the development and application of Digital Light Processing™ technology by Texas Instruments for projection systems. DPI introduced the world’s first 3-chip DLP® projector in 1997, and has since delivered expert system engineering and world-class customer services, thus maintaining its position as a digital imaging pioneer.
DPI’s groundbreaking projection research and development has garnered the admiration of industry professionals around the world. This has earned the company many awards, including two Emmy® Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development by the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. DPI remains the first and only projector manufacturer to win the coveted award.
Today, DPI manufactures and distributes an extensive line of ultra high-performance 3-chip and single-chip DLP® projection systems. These projectors are the reference standard for demanding applications such as large-venue, live-event staging, fortune 5000, education, medical and scientific research, command and control, digital cinema, commercial entertainment, worship and elite home cinema.