The Maverick series by James Loudspeaker was inspired by the legendary “Maverick” surf of Northern California-awesome, powerful, and exciting. This large format in-wall subwoofer was designed to control the distribution of bass within any cinema to deliver powerful and evenly distributed bass to all listening locations and eliminating bass nulls. The maverick series by James provides ultra-wide bandwidth, very high sound pressure levels, and extremely low distortion, resulting in a stunning cinema experience. The M1040 shallow depth in-wall subwoofer features a sleek modern appearance and James’ all new honeycomb slim 10” woofer, designed to deliver powerful deep bass from an in-wall design. The M1040BMS is primarily intended to be used in large format cinema rooms to increase LFoutput and, through dedicated DSP, to tune the room for flat bass response, delivering maximum coverage. This sub can also be used as a powerful in-wall subwoofer, designed to fit into a standard 2x6 wall construction. As with all James Loudspeaker’s in-wall speakers, the M1040BMS includes performance that is second to none and introduces a stunning new visual design. This bass management module represents the cutting edge of cinema technology and delivers the high impact audio you expect from a high-performance theater system.
- Full 5-way amplified system covering 30Hz to 25kHz with a sensitivity of 102dB at 1m/2.83V
- Dedicated 64 channel DSP controller allows full control of crossover, delay, EQ
- Limiting and level management for all channels and individual speakers in the system
- Includes a passive network reducing the amplifier channel count for a lower cost alternative.
- In-wall surrounds while the MQS85 is an on-wall bi-pole surround
- Used for bass management in the listening room and, along the LFE subs, is used to create a more uniform bass sound field within the room
- For bass management, each subwoofer needs to be powered by a dedicated subwoofer amplifier